October 19, 2012

Review : The President's Vampire by Christopher Farnsworth

Title : The President's Vampire

Author : Christopher Farnsworth

Reading Dates : 14 Sep - 16 Sep 2012

Total Pages : 335


The President's Vampire
  • Blood Oath
  • The President's Vampire
  • Red, White and Blood
From Amazon :
The ultimate secret. The ultimate agent. Nathaniel Cade returns.

For 140 years, Nathaniel Cade has been the President's Vampire, sworn to protect and serve his country. Cade's existence is the most closely guarded of White House secrets: a superhuman covert agent who is the last line of defense against nightmare scenarios that ordinary citizens only dream of.

When a new outbreak of an ancient evil-one that he has seen before- comes to light, Cade and his human handler, Zach Barrows, must track down its source. To "protect and serve" often means settling old scores and confronting new betrayals . . . as only a centuries-old predator can.

Book Review of The President's Vampire.

Once again, I had fun with Christopher Farnsworth’s The President’s Vampire series.

Nathaniel Cade and Zach Barrows’ story remains as exciting and fast-paced as ever. The only disappointing bit was Zach’s development as a character. After the incidents in Blood Oath, I had thought that Zach had matured but this doesn’t seem to be the case. While he seems to have grasped the importance of his role, he doesn’t seem ready yet to shoulder the responsibilities and sacrifices that comes with it. Quite often in The President’s Vampire, Zach behaves like a petulant teenager, unwilling to listen to Cade’s advice when it involved personal sacrifices.

The other intriguing bit to the second book was how Cade’s oath here becomes a disadvantage. Early on, I had already wondered what would happen if the wrong person got control of the vampire since he is compelled to obey the orders from the President and his representatives. While the events that transpire here don’t get that far, it does give us a taste of what could happen. And Cade’s nemesis, The Shadow Company seems to have even considered the possibility of gaining control of him themselves.

All in all, an exciting and fun read. I especially love the ending when Cade manages to find a way around his oath.

My conclusions :

  • Would I re-read the book ? Definitely.
  • Would I want to read the next book in the series ? Yes. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the next book.
  • Would I want to own my personal copy if I didn’t already own it ? Yes.
  • Who would I recommend this too? Paranormal, horror or thriller fans.
  • For those looking to read the book, would I recommend buying or borrowing the book? Buy it. Definitely a keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...