September 7, 2012

Review : The Power of Six by Pittacus Lore


Title : The Power of Six

Author : Pittacus Lore

Reading Dates : 25 Jun - 29 Jun 2012

Total Pages : 380

The Lorien Legacies
  • I Am Number Four
  • The Power of Six
  • The Rise of Nine
From Amazon :
They caught Number One in Malaysia.

Number Two in England.

And Number Three in Kenya.

They tried to catch Number Four in Ohio ...and failed.

I am Number Seven. And I'm ready to fight.

I've seen him on the news. Followed the stories about what happened to John Smith. To the world he's a mystery, but to me ...he's one of us. Nine of us came here, but sometimes I wonder if time has changed us, if we all still believe in our mission. There are six of us left. We're hiding, blending in, avoiding contact with one another, but our Legacies are developing, and soon we'll be ready to fight. Is John Number Four - and is his appearance the sign I've been waiting for? And what about Number Five and Six? Could one of them be the raven-haired girl with the stormy eyes from my dreams? The girl with powers that are beyond anything I could ever imagine? The girl who might be strong enough to bring the six of us together?


Book Review of The Power of Six.

I enjoyed The Power of Six tremendously. The main reason was because The Power of Six is fun. These kids have the coolest superpowers and it helps that they’re on a quest to save the world as they figure out how to use them.

The Power of Six is told from 2 viewpoints, Numbers Four and Seven. And this is what makes the story work. Number Four who’s recently gained his Legacies and after the loss of his Cepan finally realizes the importance of readying himself to fight, is searching with Six for the rest of the Loriens. And Number Seven who has to do it on her own after her Cepan abandons their mission. Understanding their motives and situation really had me rooting for them.

The other part I enjoyed was how both sides was intent on 1 thing. Getting together with the rest of the Lorien survivors in order to gain the strength to go against the Mogadorians. At the end of the book when they’ve formed into 2 groups with only 2 of their numbers whereabouts and identities unknown, I was disappointed not to be able to read The Rise of Nine immediately.

The only part of the book which irritated me is Four’s infatuation with Sarah. On this point, I can’t help agreeing with Six’s viewpoints regarding Loriens and love.

Still, I’ve added The Rise of Nine to my wish list and am looking forward to picking up the next book.

My conclusions :

  • Would I re-read the book ? Definitely.
  • Would I want to read the next book in the series ? Most assuredly.
  • Would I want to own my personal copy if I didn’t already own it ? Yes, I do.
  • Who would I recommend this too? Sci-fi adventure fans.
  • For those looking to read the book, would I recommend buying or borrowing the book? Buy it.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...