July 20, 2012

Review : Lover Mine by J.R. Ward


Title : Lover Mine
Author : J.R. Ward
Reading Dates : 07 Jun - 10 Jun 2012
Total Pages : 653
The Black Dagger Brotherhood

From Amazon :
In the shadows of the night in Caldwell, New York, there's a deadly war raging between vampires and their slayers. And there exists a secret band of brothers like no other - vampire warriors, defenders of their race ...John Matthew has been through his vampire transition and taken to the life of the Brotherhood with a vengeance, but he still can't shake the nightmare of his past and is unsure of his future as a warrior hero. He's made a promise to honour the Brotherhood and their fight with the slayers at all costs, until the love of his life is kidnapped and he is forced to make a choice that could change his life and the Brotherhood's forever ...


Book Review of Lover Mine.


Lover Mine has been on my wish list for some time now. If you’ve read my reviews on the previous books in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series, you’ll know that aside from Zsadist’s story, the reason I’m following the series is because of John Matthew. Unfortunately, J.M. and Xhex’s story was a disappointment for me.

Looking back, I shouldn’t be surprised at all. After all, my interest in J.M.’s tale was because I enjoyed the revelations regarding his past, the relationships he was building with his newly discovered family and friends and a desperate wish for things to end well for him. And so while I can’t sense any chemistry between him and Xhex, I did enjoy the new revelations regarding his past as well as the relationship he has forged with his new family. These were infinitely more moving that the ongoing drama between him and Xhex.

On the other hand, I’ve found another reason to continue reading the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. The addition of Saxton has spiced up the supposedly non-existent romance between Blaylock and Quinn. Prior to that I had thought all the passion on one side, but Lover Mine proved me wrong. The only question now is whether it is too late for either of them.

Then again, this might just be an excuse I’m giving myself for continuing my addiction.

My conclusions :

  • Would I re-read the book ? Yes, but not so much because of John & Xhex's story as what's happening around them.
  • Would I want to read the next book in the series ? Yes, because I'd like to know what happens with Quinn and Blay.
  • Would I want to own my personal copy if I didn’t already own it ? Only because it makes up a part of a series.
  • Who would I recommend this too? Only to fans of the series. Not one of the better works in the series.
  • For those looking to read the book, would I recommend buying or borrowing the book? Borrow it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...