August 27, 2011

On My Wishlist : Dark-Hunter series

On My Wishlist is a weekly meme hosted at Book Chick City.

On My Wishlist

Do you have any books that you desperately want but haven't bought yet? The books can be old, new or forthcoming.

Retribution by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Retribution (Dark-Hunter)
Harm no human…

A hired gunslinger, William Jessup Brady lived his life with one foot in the grave. He believed that every life had a price. Until the day when he finally found a reason to live. In one single act of brutal betrayal, he lost everything, including his life. Brought back by a Greek goddess to be one of her Dark-Hunters, he gave his immortal soul for vengeance and swore he’d spend eternity protecting the humans he’d once considered prey.

Orphaned as a toddler, Abigail Yager was taken in by a family of vampires and raised on one belief—Dark-Hunters are the evil who prey on both their people and mankind, and they must all be destroyed. While protecting her adoptive race, she has spent her life eliminating the Dark-Hunters and training for the day when she meeting the man who killed her family: Jess Brady.

A gun in the hand is worth two in the holster…

Jess has been charged with finding and terminating the creature who’s assassinating Dark-Hunters. The last thing he expects to find is a human face behind the killings, but when that face bears a striking resemblance to the one who murdered him centuries ago, he knows something evil is going on. He also knows he’s not the one who killed her parents. But Abigail refuses to believe the truth and is determined to see him dead once and for all.

Brought together by an angry god and chased by ancient enemies out to kill them both, they must find a way to overcome their mutual hatred or watch as one of the darkest of powers rises and kills both the races they’ve sworn to protect.

The Guardian by Sherrilyn Kenyon

The Guardian (Dream-Hunter)

From Amazon :
Dream-Hunter Lydia has been charged with the most sacred and dangerous of missions: To descend into the Nether Realm and find the missing god of dreams before he betrays the secrets that could kill her and her kind. What she never expects is to be taken prisoner by the Realm’s most vicious guardian…

Seth’s time is running out. If he can’t hand over the entrance to Olympus, his own life and those of his people will be forfeit. No matter the torture, Seth hasn’t been able to break the god in his custody. Then there’s the beautiful Dream-Hunter Lydia: She isn’t just guarding the gates of Olympus—she’s holding back one of the world’s darkest powers. If she fails, an ancient curse will haunt the earth once more and no one will be safe. But evil is always seductive...

9 comments:

  1. Both great choices that I have highlighted in the past. I hope you get your wish.

    Here is my wishlist for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to catch up with this series! It's one that fell by the wayside with me but it's ending, right? I can't remember, but I thought I heard that someplace. I hope you get to pick these up soon and you enjoy them. :)


    My Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only read the first book in the Dark-Hunter series. Are there about 20 books now? I've got some catching up to do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have yet to read a Sherrilyn Kenyon book but I have a few on my bookshelf. I need to fix that. LOL Hope you get to read these soon :)


    On my Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard good things about Sherrilyn Kenyon, but haven't read anything by her yet. Hope you get them soon :-)

    On My Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Lisa, @The Book Vixen, @Safari Poet
    Thanks. I hope I get them soon too :-)

    @Barbara
    Really ... the books certainly don't give me that impression ... more like there's so much going on, I don't know how it could end anytime soon. LOL.

    @Diana
    I'd say it's more than 20 books now ... but who's counting ;-)

    @Sabrina
    I hope you do too ... but there's something to be said about not having to wait for the next book

    ReplyDelete
  7. This week I'm wishing for a new book by Sarah Weeks. Please come see what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Tia
    Thanks.

    @pussreboots
    Pie does sound like a very fun read.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...