June 18, 2011

Review : Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling


Title : Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Author : J.K. Rowling
Reading Dates : 7 May - 14 May 2011
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chamber of Secrets, Prisoner of Azkaban
Harry Potter
The books in the series :
  • The Philosopher's Stone
  • The Chamber of Secrets
  • The Prisoner of Azkaban
  • The Goblet of Fire
  • The Order of the Phoenix
  • The Half-Blood Prince
  • The Deathly Hallows
From goodreads :
It is summer holidays and soon Harry Potter will be starting his fourth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Harry is counting the days: there are new spells to be learnt, more Quidditch to be played, and Hogwarts castle to continue exploring. But Harry needs to be careful - there are unexpected dangers lurking ...

J.K. Rowling continues to surprise and delight with the power of her, rich demanding and action-packed storytelling.


Book Review of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
For me, the fourth book in the Harry Potter series is the one that marks the beginning of the dark times. This is the one where not everyone gets to go home at the end of the tale. And the next books, just gets darker and darker …

The part I loved best about The Goblet of Fire though is how Harry is saved. Once again, Voldemort miscalculates the power of love and his quarry escapes him. I thought it really wonderful how even when he believes himself alone, his family and friends always managed to be there for Harry.

The other thing I liked about this fourth installment is how nearly flawless Voldemort’s plot is. It is no wonder everyone was hoodwinked. No matter how many times I re-read this, there’s simply nothing that would have let me figure out the identity of Voldemort’s spy’s identity without knowing the ending. Did any of you figure it out earlier before the big reveal ?

My conclusions :
  • Would I re-read the book ? Yes.
  • Would I want to read the next book in the series ? Definitely.
  • Would I want to own my personal copy if I didn’t already own it ? Yes.
  • Who would I recommend this too? Everyone.
  • For those looking to read the book, would I recommend buying or borrowing the book? Buy the books.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...