May 18, 2011

Review : Blood Oath by Christopher Farnsworth


Title : Blood Oath
Author : Christopher Farnsworth
Reading Dates : 19 Apr - 22 Apr 2011
Blood Oath
The President's Vampire
Books in the series so far :
From goodreads :
Nathaniel Cade is a 160-year-old vampire who has sworn to protect and serve the President of the United States. In this gripping series starter, the Commander-in-Chief's very own blood sucker has secrets of his own that extend far beyond national security. An imaginative concept that plays out well. A debut novel to watch.


Book Review of Blood Oath.

Blood Oath was fun reading.

There are a few reasons for this but the main one is it feels almost like I’m watching a fast-paced action movie with plenty of likable characters and hilarious moments.

The pacing for this one was just right. Straight from the opening, there’s always plenty going on. But at the same time, the author manages to let us in on the main character’s past either through flashbacks or snippets of scientific reports. I really liked how the author manages to pack in so much information without drowning me in details.

Then, there’s the 2 main characters. I thought it a nice change to see a vampire being depicted as the monster he was. Nathaniel Cade may be fighting on the side of the good guys now, but if he wasn’t bound by his oath, there’s no doubt in my mind he’d be one of the enemy. Zach is another character that grew on me, changing from a whiny know-it-all to someone Nathaniel can depend on by the end of the story.

I’m definitely adding the next book, The President’s Vampire, to my wish list.

My conclusions :
  • Would I re-read the book ? Yes.
  • Would I want to read the next book in the series ? Yes.
  • Would I want to own my personal copy if I didn’t already own it ? Yes.
  • Who would I recommend this too? Anyone who enjoys a fast-paced action thriller with paranormal elements.
  • For those looking to read the book, would I recommend buying or borrowing the book? Buy it.

Read another review on the book by :

1 comment:

  1. Totally agree! It is like you are sitting there in front of the tv or movie screen watching a movie! I think these would be totally easy to adapt to screen and fun to watch :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...