March 24, 2011

Review : What a Dragon Should Know by G.A. Aiken

Title : What a Dragon Should Know
Author : G.A. Aiken
Reading Dates : 5 Mar - 7 Mar 2011
What a Dragon Should Know (Dragon Kin, Book 3)
Dragon Kin
Book in the series so far:
  • Dragon Actually
  • About a Dragon
  • What a Dragon Should Know
  • Last Dragon Standing
  • The Dragon Who Loved Me
From Amazon :
Only for those I love would I traipse into the merciless Northlands to risk life, limb, and my exquisite beauty. But do they appreciate it? Do they say, 'Gwenvael the Handsome, you are the best among us - the most loved of all dragons?' No! For centuries my family has refused to acknowledge my magnificence as well as my innate humility. Yet for them, and because I am so chivalrous, I will brave the worst this land has to offer. So here I stand, waiting to broker an alliance with the one the Northlanders call The Beast. A being so fearful, the greatest warriors will only whisper its name. Yet I, Gwenvael, will courageously face down this terrifying...woman? It turns out the Beast, a.k.a. Dagmar Reinholdt, is a woman - one with steel-gray eyes and a shocking disregard for my good looks. Beneath her plain robes and prim spectacles lies a sensual creature waiting to be unleashed. Who better than a dragon to thaw out that icy demeanor? And who better than a beast to finally tame a mighty dragon's heart?


Book Review of What a Dragon Should Know.
If About a Dragon made me laugh, this third book made me laugh and cry.

Like its predecessors, I enjoyed the humour and the bonds the characters in the book shared. Additionally, I loved reading about what happened to the characters after the events in the earlier 2 books. Like real life, heartbreaking things do happen and the family has to learn to cope. Thankfully, things do turn out relatively well in the end.

Another reason to like the book, is how the characters always stay true to form. Each character is unique with their own idiosyncrasies and they don’t suddenly change their spots to become likeable. I just learned to appreciate them as they are, craziness and all.

My conclusions :
  • Would I re-read the book ? Yes.
  • Would I want to read the next book in the series ? I've added it to my wish list.
  • Would I want to own my personal copy if I didn’t already own it ? Definitely.
  • Who would I recommend this too? Paranormal romance fans.
  • For those looking to read the book, would I recommend buying or borrowing the book? Buy it.

2 comments:

  1. I will have you know I picked up all of these :) I am so looking forward to them, your reviews make it sound like a really great series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an interesting series, nice review ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...