March 12, 2011

Review : Coraline by Neil Gaiman

Title : Coraline
Author : Neil Gaiman
Reading Dates : 25 Feb - 27 Feb 2011
Coraline
From goodreads :
When Coraline steps through a door to find another house strangely similar to her own (only better), things seem marvelous. But there's another mother there, and another father, and they want her to stay and be their little girl. They want to change he and never let her go.
Coraline will have to fight with all her wits and courage if she is to save herself and return to her ordinary life.


Book Review of Coraline.
From the get-go, I enjoyed Coraline very much. The language was simple. Yet, it easily managed to bring the characters and the world they inhabit to life. I alternated between being charmed, scared and excited as I followed Coraline on her "adventures".

Best of all, Coraline reminds me of how contrary people can be. Unhappy when things don’t go the way we want them to. Still, we don’t want them handed to us on a silver platter either.

What about you ? Have you read Coraline and if you have, what did you think of it ?

My conclusions :
  • Would I re-read the book ? Yes.
  • Would I want to read the next book in the series if there were one? Yes
  • Would I want to own my personal copy if I didn’t already own it ? Yes
  • Who would I recommend this too? Everyone who enjoys fiction.
  • For those looking to read the book, would I recommend buying or borrowing the book? Buy it. It's definitely worth it.

Read another review on the book by :

2 comments:

  1. You know I've never read any of the books by this author and I've heard wonderful things of this book. Sounds like you enjoyed it too. :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...