October 14, 2010

Review : Undead and Unwed by MaryJanice Davidson

Title : Undead and Unwed
Author : MaryJanice Davidson
Reading Dates : 1 Sep - 5 Sep 2010
Undead and Unwed (Queen Betsy, Book 1)
The Undead Series - Betsy
Check out the link to the reading order of the series.
From goodreads :
First Betsy Taylor loses her job, then she's killed in a car accident. But what really bites is that she can't seem to stay dead. And now her new friends have the ridiculous idea that Betsy is the prophesied vampire queen, and they want her help in overthrowing the most obnoxious power-hungry vampire in five centuries.


Book Review of Undead and Unwed.
I enjoyed re-reading Undead and Unwed immensely.

In fact, I liked it so much that I wondered why I didn't before, the first time I read it. It took me nearly half way through the story before I remembered the reason. Eric Sinclair, the male protagonist. He isn't as irritating this time round but I still had a hard time warming up to him, at least until nearly the end. As the story is told from Betsy's perspective, most of Eric's actions seem really high handed. Even a bit untrustworthy. So, it is kind of hard to like him. Until the very end of the story when readers are given a glimpse of what he's thinking that is.

What I do love about the book is the way it was told from Betsy's perspective. Seeing things from her point of view is really hilarious as she makes a mockery of all the vampire cliches. Plus it puts me firmly in her corner as I get to see all her flaws and good points. It is really hard to dislike someone who knows her own faults and is not ashamed of it.

My conclusion : Light and relaxing read to fill in the time. Emphasis on humour rather than the paranormal or romance elements.

Read another review on the book by :

1 comment:

  1. This is the only one I have read in the series (though I do have the rest of them and plan on reading them). I agree with your review. I thought it was fun, light, and perfect for a fun night in with a book!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...