June 24, 2010

Sins of the Night

Sins of the Night (Dark-Hunter, Book 8)Title : Sins of the Night
Author : Sherrilyn Kenyon
Reading Dates : 22 Jun 2010 - 24 Jun 2010
The Dark-Hunter Series.
Sins of the Night is the 8th book in Sherrilyn Kenyon's paranormal romance Dark-Hunter series. Check out the link below for a listing of the books in the series according to reading order.

Book Summary of Sins of the Night.
Alexion is Acheron's executioner. The one the Dark-Hunter leader sends in whenever any of the Dark-Hunters are about to cross the line and harm the humans they're supposed to protect. He is also their last chance at salvation. As long as the Dark-Hunters agree to go back to their normal duties. And after thousands of years, one more attempt at rebellion is nothing new. Except this time around, the would-be leader of the rebels is Alexion's old friend, Kyros.

In order to convince Kyros and the other Dark-Hunters that they've been misled, Alexion will need the help of the French Dark-Huntress, Danger. What neither of them expects is to fall in love or that the enemy they face is more than a vampire hunter turn bad. Kyros is collaborating with Stryker, the leader of the Daimons. As a demi-god allied to the Atlantean destroyer, Stryker has knowledge of Acheron that he'd rather keep secret and access to the Charonte demons whom not even the Greek gods can control.


Book Review of Sins of the Night.
I changed my mind on the book. I'm not sure why but I remember I used to dislike Alexion and Danger's story. But this time around, I enjoyed it immensely. And wonder of wonders its not because of old favorites reappearing. Acheron and Simi do put in an appearance and I loved meeting them again but Sins of the Night would have been fine without them. They just made it a little better.

I liked that Alexion and Danger are both not only strong characters who respect each other but share a sense of humor which allows them to make fun of each other. Both of them understand what it is to be betrayed by the one they loved, yet have the courage to share themselves again despite their fears. They both wanted to fight for what they had. Still when they realized the futility of it, they both did their best enjoy what time they had left together and to make it easier on each other after their parting. This behaviour, as opposed to Artemis's, is what shows that they genuinely care for each other.

The only negative I see is that readers who are not familiar with the Dark-Hunter world will be left a little lost. There will already be enough questions unanswered without having to puzzle over references to characters from previous books.

Read this only if you'd consider investing your time and money on the books in the series.

3 comments:

  1. Good review! This isn't my kind of book but it does sound pretty interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I have read this book - but only once. I too like to reread series books. I find that it happens a lot that I like the book better the second time I read it. I think it is because you have a more complete understanding of the world after reading more than one book set in it. One day I do hope to read the Dark Hunters series again. Right now I'm re-reading the Sookie Stackhouse series though around all the new stuff. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great series---thank you for the review!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...